Home Forums Specific Topic Forums Chronic Pain Pressure from Scarring

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by July 28, 2017 at 3:18 pm.

• Author

Stephen R

It is good that you are still smiling. I really have no suggestion on the pain other than take what the doctors prescribe. My girl friend had gamma knife for a tumor and we attempt to control the pain with valumm and oxycoden. After the surgery we used steroid to keep the swelling down but the steroids played havoc on her body. She still has some pain so we might suggest another round of steroids at her next doctor’s visit. It is easy to give advise without experiencing the constant pain. Watching my girl friend with her pain is very difficult so I know a little of what you are going through. I will include you in my prayers.

• #977 Score: 0

sfgirl73

thank you so much. I hope your girlfriend starts to get some relief soon. She’s already a warrior in her strength tell her to stay positive. You sound awesome like my husband with your love and support. Just know we appreciate you as well

• #973 Score: 0

sfgirl73

I have constant head pain. It is not due to headaches or migraines, it is due to the pressure of the built up scar tissue after 5 craniotomies in 2 years. The scar tissue is now building up and adding pressure to the screws and plates holding my skull cap together. Also, just diagnosed with another tumor, too big for gamma. need surgery but seizures are to active now. But at the end of the day im still smiling and looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.